Special Law Enforcement Officer (SLEO I/SLEO II)
The Demarest Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer Class I and II. This is a part time position – no benefits. Candidates must possess a current SLEO I/SLEO II certification at this time due to COVID-19.
SLEO officers employed by the Demarest Police Department are utilized to perform various security and traffic related duties throughout the borough of Demarest.
Minimum qualifications for SLEO I/SLEO II personnel:
· Must be legally permitted to work in the United States;
· Must be a resident of the State of New Jersey;
· Must be at least 18 years of age;
· Must possess and maintain a valid New Jersey driver’s license;
· Must be able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently, and have a high school diploma or its equivalent;
· Must be sound in body and of good health and be able to perform the physical functions of the duties assigned;
· Must be of good moral character and shall not have been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude (dishonesty) or a crime or offense that would render him/her unfit for duty;
· Must successfully undergo psychological testing, drug testing, and medical examination
· Preliminary application;
· Formal Interview;
· Background Investigation;
· Medical Examination, Psychological Profile, and Drug Testing